Philip Morris Nigeria is currently seeking a talented, experienced and business-savvy professional to join as its Manufacturing Supervisor for the manufacturing site in Ilorin, Kwara. This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class multinational company. The role will initially be a 12 month FTC, with the opportunity to progress on to a permanent role thereafter.
- Reports daily KPIs to ITC (International Tobacco Company) and PMI management, takes necessary actions related to deviations
- Organizes brand change and size change activities with ITC effectively without any quality issues
- Plans and delivers operational trainings if necessary to reach expected expertise and performance level
- Involves daily meetings with ITC; supports 2-way feedback of the production performance
- Organizes & schedules technicians in 3 shifts, prevent disruptions
- Assures filter/Cork Filters (CF)/Non Tobacco Materials (NTMs) availability on the machine
- Coordinates CF/NTM transfers from warehouse, and Finished Goods (FG) transfers to the warehouse without
- Assures incoming inspection is done for NTM/CF
- Assures routine samples from filter/cigarette/pack production for physical and visual analyses are taken
- Assures lab samples for PMI VQA/Smoke Yield/Heavy Material Labs and for Panel are taken and sent to PMI laboratories
- Plans and delivers QA training if necessary to reach expected expertise and performance level
- Evaluates, reports and takes necessary actions relatedtoh non-conformities if needed
- Traces back the non-conformities on the FG if needed
- Identifies major non-conformities, creates problem-solving groups
- Assures GMP for PMI production is in place
- Works in coordination with ITC QA Manager; assures that PMI documentation and quality system needs are followed by ITC.
Supply Chain Accountability
- Assures proper stock counts are done, MRP is run flawlessly and material requests are shared with related parties
- Analyzes the production plan coming from supply chain supervisor, shares with ITC and schedules it effectively.
- Plans and coordinates utilization of freezing container in coordination with ITC, prevents infestation risk
- Keeps warehouse organized, assures FIFO is applied properly
- Assists NTM/CF delivery and FG shipments, assures loading/unloading is done properly and the documentation is precise
- Asset Engineer Accountability
- Identifies needs for spare parts and sub-groups; elevates it to PMI SC if needed
- Performs inspections prior to maintenance in Filter/Maker/Packer Machines and prepares PMR lists
- Organizes and schedules PM/1P monthly and yearly maintenances in coordination with ITC
- Plans mechanics and electronics training for ITC technicians, coordinated with PMI and ITC
- Plans for TSP support for the filter/maker/packer machines if needed.
- Makes necessary preparations for new projects, reports the needs and the status
- Solves minor stoppages, reports major breakdowns, creates problem-solving groups if necessary
- Minimum bachelor's degree in engineering or related subjects.
- Minimum 5 years' experience, with 3-5 years' field experience in Quality Assurance and Manufacturing. Maintenance experience will be an asset.
Certifications & Skills
- User-friendly in office package and SAP
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Territory Management & route planning
- Regulatory environment knowledge.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552416 to apply for this job .