We are a training organization that has been involved in equipping thousands of professionals in Nigeria and beyond with the knowledge of what they need to excel at what they do. Our training portfolio covers a range of domains, which contributed to having a client base that cut across almost every single industry.
We are looking for an ambitious Accountant to provide support to the finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Record keeping
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Document how long it takes for employees to do their jobs
- Record the degree of employees’ target that are met
- Regulatory compliance
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Management accounting
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Assist in driving sales, as without sales, there wouldn’t be need for accounting
- Assist with projects within the organisation
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and practices
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or related field; professional certification is a plus
- Completion of the NYSC mandatory programme
- Not older than 27
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552356 to apply for this job .