Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
- The Territory Logistics Manager (TLM) manages logistics operations, both forward and reverse, across the entire territory supply chain under them - this includes Primary Supply, import and export, secondary locations, warehousing, distribution, transportation, inventory management, and COGS Optimization for the zone.
- The TLM plans, organizes, directs, manages, evaluates, and is responsible for the operations and budgeting for logistics functions including distribution and replenishment, warehousing, inventory control, transportation, and strategic planning for the zone.
- The role includes the identification of opportunities for business process improvements. OGE provides the TLM with initial training and ongoing coaching and support.
- Manage stock levels and consumption rate by product/item to ascertain and project demand for the zone.
- Communicate timely the territory demand to Primary Supply.
- Ensure stock movements at national and other warehouses in the territory are updated timely in Surge, Bincard, Daily Count sheets and tracking tools
- Ensure warehouse stock reconciliation is conducted fully on weekly basis
- Conduct supportive audits to ensure warehousing guidance is followed / in place
- Liaise with software team and service department to fine-tune/customize the inventory software to accurately capture the actual desired logistics processes
- Ensure compliance with safety and transport policies, local regulations, HSEQ and OSHA requirements
- Proactively identify and manage risks within the logistics activities
- Hold a monthly Territory Logistics meeting to set and discuss priorities.
- Conduct visits to audit and discuss challenges in secondary locations
- Advise on all Territory Logistics financial requests before being approved or forwarded for approval or paid; Approve all departmental expenses within LOA
- Support development of warehouse managers, warehouse supervisors and logistics officers’ knowledge and skills
- Oversee the completion of quarterly Performance Reviews of warehouse staff
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields such as Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Business Administration, Marketing, Procurement, IT, Accounting and Finance with a record of strong academic performance
- 1+ years of managerial experience in logistics, the supply chain or a related field
- (Preferred domains: renewable energy, telecom, or FMCG)
- Fluent in both English and Swahili
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stuff.
- Commits to premium standards in everything. Uses quality measures & problem-solving to improve process. Ensures compliance with relevant standards & procedures.
- Excellent team player, thoughtful, unafraid to express an opinion
- Willingness to work flexibly, including late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ambition to grow professionally and contribute to the development of the company
- Desire to coach, grow and mentor others.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552333 to apply for this job .