We are a Cooperative in the Oil and Gas industry with an asset base of over N10Billion. We are looking to reposition and seek to hire qualified candidates for this role.
Reports To Coop Operations Manager
Coop Account Officer
Will be responsible for the daily financial position of the Coop and analyzing, evaluating and reporting on financial matters of the Coop.
- Controls the Coop cash and bank transactions
- Supervising all the society operations activities when the operations manager is not present.
- Tax administration.
- Ensures that all cash transactions involving the co-operative expenditure are properly authorized
- Supervises cash office operations and the safe operations.
- Prepares quarterly economic performance report for the senior manager.
- Preparation of the society final accounts.
- Preparation of monthly financial management report
- Prepares society financial quarterly reports for board of directors.
- Prepares annual society budget with assistance of the budget committee.
- Receives and reconciles daily Coop Fin and GAPS.
- Assists in preparing accounts officer training and education programmes.
- Supports Audit Committee
- Reports irregularities to the senior manager immediately and in writing
- Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her
Key Performance Indicators
- Data Integrity
- Cost Management
- Financial data availability
- Delivery Turn Around Time
- Service Quality
- Innovation & Sustainability
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Organizational Operations
- Must be client focused, a team player, able to improve processes, drive for results and take ownership to enhance client delight.
- Numeric and Analytical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Highly motivated, able to work independently, self-starter, and problem/solving/analytical.
- Excellent presentation, problem-solving skills as a leader.
- Experience working in a structured environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relationship person and team player
- Customer-Client Focused
- Working knowledge of financial systems and computer literacy
- Integrity and Discretion
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Inspirational Leadership
- Team work
- Initiative/Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Team building / conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General accounting
- Master of Business Administration and professional certificates will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- A good university first degree in accounting or any related discipline
- Handled a portfolio size of xx million
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552323 to apply for this job .