A consulting metallurgical engineering firm with an ISO 17025 accredited materials testing laboratory requires the services of a Metallurgical Engineer to join the team.
Duties will include but not be restricted to:
metallurgical, corrosion and mechanical testing activities. In addition, successful candidates will be required to undertake metallurgical failure investigations on engineering materials and components, individually or as part of a team, both in laboratory and on site.
The candidate should be interested in a detail-oriented and quality-driven environment.
- Conduct corrosion and materials testing in accordance with ASTM, BS, ISO, in-house test procedures or client specifications
- Perform sample preparation on materials provided by customers
- Provide failure analysis and evaluation of materials
- Prepare reports with results, photo documentation, and conclusions
- Communicate testing results during meetings with clients
- Operate and maintain a variety of materials testing equipment
Qualification and Requirements:
- Degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science. Previous experience in laboratory quality assurance, material testing, and failure analysis an advantage
- Familiarity with industry standards and the ability to interpret materials specifications.
- Good interpersonal skills, accuracy, and thoroughness. Ability to work independently when required.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552322 to apply for this job .