MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Responsible for supporting and developing the current BI applications and initiatives. Involves in the investigation and analysis of user problems and application bugs and subsequent problem resolution and technical testing of patches.
- Configure, build, and test application or technical architecture components.
- Work with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Assist in developing maintenance plans per application and carry out the maintenance of applications, re-configuring, building and testing components in accordance with OLAs and SLAs.
- Code applications in accordance with good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Create and execute technical test plans for application change, new deployment and upgrades.
- Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the testers.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Develop information solutions from a variety of sources for both structured and unstructured data
- Integration of big data solutions with existing reporting and analytical solutions
- Support team and enhancement to ETL system
- Develop and implement big data models and solutions
- Conduct root cause analysis on production issues
- Guidance of entire information management process of both structured and unstructured data
- Optimization of the information solutions
- Producing relevant technical documentation and specifications
- Ensure timely resolution of internal/external customers
- Inform the technical architect and project manager of any issues that may affect other areas of the project.
Normal MTNN working conditions
Projects and constraints will require overtime and weekend work
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Computer Science or similar field. 3 - 7 years of experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience as a software developer
- Application development and support experience in the Telecommunications sector o Oracle PL/SQL and standard SQL. o Java/Web development o Operating system programming (UNIX Scripting). o Wireless application development using Java, WML,S@TML,STKML, SMPP protocol
- Exposure to typical Mobile Telecommunications applications o Billing systems (Corporate & Retail Billing, Interconnect Billing) o ERP systems (Distribution, Retail, Finance, Payroll, HR, Asset Management) o SIM & Mobile Applications ( EVD, Contents Management System, SIM management Application) o GSM network interfacing applications (Provisioning, Pre-Paid management systems) o Fraud Management Applications o Value Added Services(VAS) Applications Training:
- Formal training in application architecture principles, technology architecture and systems integration.
- Specific training on application development tools and programming languages
- Minimum Qualification
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552292 to apply for this job .