Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently, we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
Req ID: Req-1370
- Manage execution of ship repairs, maintenance, fabrication and related operations in the Yard.
- Oversee all work programs, ensure work is being done on time and to the quality required.
- Due to the start-up nature of this organisation the Manager will be required to work at all levels and cover positions which will not be filled until the Yard is more established.
- Manager must have the ability to carry out and teach welding.
- Work done in the Yard will include the use of a range of advanced machines, such as CNG welding machines and modern welding technology including usage of Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) automatic welding machines.
- Implement and maintain international standards such as ASTM, ASME, ANSI, API etc., governing all aspects of fabrication as well as the certification and handling of production machinery, equipment and machine tools.
- Implement an electronic tracking and material management systems in the Yard, which will include material traceability systems and inventory management.
- Conduct periodical production review meetings and prepare weekly reports for the COO.
- Put in place organization chart(s) for the Ship Repair and Fabrication Business Unit and develop roles and responsibilities for each employee in the Unit.
- Meet Company production targets.
- Monitor and control costs as per the approved budget to achieve profitability targets.
- Review the present documents relating to production processes, procedures and policies and amend them as necessary to enhance the overall efficiency and profitability of the business.
- Propose and implement new policies, procedures and work instructions to improve production processes, minimise waste, reworks and defects and maintain the Company’s high-quality standards.
- Implement Safety Policies of the company and provide safety training for all employees.
- Coordinate with QA & QC department in assessing the quality issues, conduct root-cause analysis and implement preventive and corrective actions.
- At least 15 years’ experience working at or above a Supervisor level role for a leading
- offshore fabrication/ship repairs and maintenance and engineering Company.
- Possess technical proficiency as well as a business acumen & commercial judgment.
- Strategic mindset, able to take a long-term view.
- Capable of problem-solving, decision making and failure analysis.
- A self-motivated leader & a team player.
- Familiar with modern production technologies and prepared to learn and master new technologies and concepts, with a track record
- of having remained fully abreast of the new developments in the industry over the last 15 years.
- Production Engineer, BSc, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552200 to apply for this job .