Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
The scope of Work/Objectives/Expectations
- This Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) data analysis training will focus on persons who have little or no Statistics or Mathematics background to analyze data in SPSS, choose the right descriptive statistics technique and write up the result of the findings with confidence.
- The training should cover everything from entering data into SPSS to interpreting the result and offer an easy step-by-step guide to mastering descriptive and inferential statistics in SPSS. The consulting firm should be able to take the trainees through the SPSS interface, how to work the system and how to choose variable types and format in SPSS. The consulting firm will then progress into entering data into SPSS, sorting, editing and data cleaning, and most importantly how to transform any variable into a new variable with recording functions. Then to descriptive statistics in SPSS and how to run the major descriptive statistics like Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation and One-Samples t-test etc.
- The trainees should learn how to create graphs, plots, and charts in SPSS and how to manipulate them to suit individual needs.
- Finally, the trainees want to learn how to choose the appropriate statistical technique to analyze data in SPSS, SPSS Syntax, and Matrix.
Upon completing this course the consultant should guarantee trainees’ knowledge on when to use the following inferential statistic techniques:
- Pearson Correlation
- Spearman Ranked Order Correlation
- Kendall’s Tau B Correlation
- Independent Samples T-test
- Paired Samples T-test
- Point Bi-Serial Correlation
- Mann Whitney U Test
- Kruskal Wallis
- Mcnemar’s Test
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Binary Logistic Regression
- Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Between Subject ANOVA
- Mixed/Split-Plot ANOVA.
- This is expected to be a 5-day in-house training
- A successful consultancy firm will have the following expertise and experience:
- Minimum five to ten years of experience in designing, planning and facilitating training for SPSS for development organizations.
- Experience in SPSS implementation and analysis.
- Experience with USAID funded project
- The consultancy firm will be expected to work in collaboration with WEWE M & E Director and specifically WEWE-LOPIN 2 M&E staff.
- Interested and qualified candidates (consulting firm) should send their comprehensive CV's or company profile and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job. Kindly indicate the title of the consultancy they are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail and include functional e-mails/mobile phone numbers and full contact information and at least three professional referees.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552014 to apply for this job .