Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, MondelÄ'z International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
Do you go big or small…..? Yes!
- We believe in both. That’s why we’re a $30 billion company with the mindset of a start-up. So big idea, small idea, or somewhere in between, here’s your chance to share it with us.
- Tax Manager reports globally and is responsible for direct tax matters in Nigeria, Ghana & Kenya.
- The Responsibilities include managing all direct tax compliance requirements, supporting tax audits and advising on complex business and tax technical matters.
- Issues involve tax, legal, financial, organizational and other areas requiring extensive knowledge of the relevant countries, teamwork and the ability to undertake prompt tax research and comprehensive analysis.
- Collaborate with Finance colleagues to support accounting for income taxes, including effective tax rate forecasts, current and deferred tax provisions and uncertain tax positions.
- Manage the external third-party service provider.
- Provide leadership and support to the Region's foreign affiliates as they respond to tax audits and prepare for tax litigation with respect to tax positions established on income tax returns in foreign jurisdictions, as is necessary to minimize the Corporation's overall tax burden.
- Collaborate with the foreign affiliates' financial personnel and outside counsel to identify opportunities to reduce the affiliates' effective tax rate and otherwise reduce the current tax payments of those affiliates.
- Review the tax basis earnings and profits (the foreign affiliates' financial statements stated in U.S. tax accounting principles) and identify opportunities to repatriate high-taxed earnings, thereby reducing the Corporation's overall tax on repatriated earnings, and provide implementation assistance by working with local finance and legal personnel.
- Assist in communicating audits, appeals and litigation resolutions and in recommending changes to the appropriate levels of reserves for current and potential tax issues.
- Maintain a personal Training Development Plan to ensure continuous improvement of professional skills.
- Communicate within and across the international tax organizations. Communicate fully in a timely, informative and accurate manner with superiors and others who have a need to know. Maintain excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Provide exceptional customer service throughout the Corporation.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner and maintain safety in the general work environment.
- Project Management.
- Filling of transfer pricing documentation – description of all relevant intercompany transactions, functional and risk analysis, arm’s length documentation.
- Applications for, and maintenance of, investment grants and tax incentives. This includes consultancy for all management levels on how to optimize claims for subsidies and how to deal with conditions which are set by (tax) authorities.
- Consulting and assistance of other departments covering all company direct tax issues.
Qualifications, and Experience
- Qualification as certified tax advisor or certified accountant
- Min 6 years of tax experience in public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/ or MNC
- Experience of work in FIRS preferred
- Excellent track record in project management
- Superior negotiating skills towards tax authorities and within the own organization
- Ability to work successfully with multiple stakeholders, of different seniority and from different business functions
- This job is based in Lagos, will report into the regional tax lead.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551944 to apply for this job .