MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To prepare, analyze, review and report MTNN financial and operational performance to external parties and contribute towards the development of accounting practices to ensure MTNN complies with the highest financial management principles and accuracy of financial records
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Finance Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Lead team to interpret accounting/financial information in order to evaluate the financial performance of MTNN business operations.
- Assist with year-end audit and statutory and regulatory returns, ensuring compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake financial evaluations and projections for identified projects.
- Prepare financial statements and forecast financial statements.
- Analyze operating reports for MTNN and report on variances against budgets.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on Electronic Data Warehouse Project (EDW) and the Integration of 3 Financial Systems (IFS, OFA and Hyperion)
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Contribute to the evaluation of management accounting systems, procedures and practices, making appropriate recommendations for modifications and improvements.
- Oversee proper cross system integration between IFS, Hyperion and OFA.
Experience & Training
- First degree in any related discipline
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in mainstream financial reporting in a multinational organization.
- Experience in working with enterprise financial systems Training:
- Financial Analysis and Modeling
- Excel modeling
- GSM Overview,
- Advanced in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Hyperion Financial Management, IFS, Oracle Financial Analyzer
- Developmental Training: Management Skills, Negotiation Skills, Supervisory
- Minimum Qualification
- BA, BEng, BEd, BSc, BTech or HND.
Normal MTNN working conditions
May be required to work extended hours.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551886 to apply for this job .