Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- The Information Management Officer will assume a technical role in maintaining, reviewing and developing an effective information management system using the Segovia database.
- He/she will assist the Program Manager with activities, including market monitoring data, database management and analysis in coordination with the project management teams and the MEAL team, and in line with SC guidelines and best practices.
- Based on the implementation plan, develop a system for reviewing and troubleshooting data query on Segovia
- Maintain a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user-friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Develop information sharing system for PIN-related complaints and resolutions
- Contribute to programme updates and internal information sharing for the Program Manager.
- Maintain and do regular trend analysis on gathered data from platforms/database (PDM, accountability data, programme database)
- Work with project team to establish reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner
- Track beneficiaries’ purchases
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
Requirements, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Statistics, Information Technology or related field any other social sciences
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC relevant experience
- Previous experience working in humanitarian or development programmes; or research experience
- Previous relevant experiences, such as information sharing, website troubleshooting or reporting
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and Statistical program (SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- High attention to detail
- Fluency in the English language, both spoken and written
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Experience in report writing and documentation
- Ability to work effectively and calmly in a high-pressure environment and to prioritize and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
- Experience in knowledge and database management
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. (In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our work.
- Previous experience working on monitoring, evaluation or accountability in humanitarian programmes
- Experience in information sharing and report writing
- Experience in working with CBOs.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received and also Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not use third party for employment and also does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551386 to apply for this job .