UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
The purpose of the Job
- Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme associate supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Key Functions Accountability and Related Duties/Tasks
Support for programme development, planning, and execution:
- Researchers analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, and proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
Support in resource mobilization:
- Researches analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building:
- Researches analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learned to support knowledge development and capacity building
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to programme processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (ii)
- Working with People (ii)
- Drive for results (ii)
- Analyzing (ii)
- Applying technical expertise (ii)
- Planning and organizing (ii)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (ii)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551384 to apply for this job .