The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
- This position will be part of a pool of three Grants Managers in the country program who provide support in the functions of pre award, award and post award management.
- Directly supervised by the Deputy Director for Programs (DDP), the Grant Manager ensures donor compliance, reporting, proposal packaging for donor submission, conducting grant review meetings, project document filing, preparing donor briefs and visibility.
- The position is based in Mubi, Adamawa State in the NE with frequent travel to Mubi, Maiduguri (Borno state), and Abuja. S/he will work collaboratively with the IRC’s senior management team, regional grants support team, the technical coordinators, operations team, and M&E team.
- Responsible for the development of quality proposals and narrative reports with relevant teams.
- Manage delivery of timely and quality outputs (proposals, quarterly, interim and/or final reports, etc.) to donors and liaise with HQ units (Regional, Award Management Unit, technical units) to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply IRC’s Outcome and Evidence Framework and are responsive to donor requirements;
- Coordinate grant and budget review meetings and follow-up of action points
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as FM01, BvAs, and OTIS to ensure accurate tracking of opportunities and grants reporting;
- Support the subaward process with local or international partners, including due diligence of potential partners and draft subaward agreement in line with IRC processes and donor requirements;
- Provide training and mentoring to program, operations and M&E staff on compliance with donor regulations to ensure high quality implementation;
- Provide capacity building support to local partner organizations, including report and proposal related mentoring and training;
- Keep the DDP informed of any projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission and burn rates/significant budget variances
- Maintain hard and soft grant files of the IRC Nigeria’s grant portfolio and share with all IRC staff copies of all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc.) related to their specific programs.
- Perform other duties related to assignment proposed by his/her supervisor/s
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Deputy Director of Programs
- Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: None
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: Programs and M&E staff, grants staff; finance, HR, supply chain departments and Regional Grants Support staff at HQ
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (International affairs, Communications, etc.)
- At least two years international work experience in relief or development programs, preferably in a post-conflict setting
- Demonstrable experience in grants management and business development, including proposal coordination and writing, report writing, grant monitoring, compliance issues, and budget realignments
- Demonstrable understanding of project planning and project cycle management.
- Demonstrable high-level performance management and team working skills, with experience in managing multiple donors
- Ability to build good working relationships and work effectively with program, field staff and HQ from a distance.
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and high pressure situations
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English; able to communicate concisely and with impact.
- This position is unaccompanied and accommodation will be in shared housing.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551377 to apply for this job .