Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1:3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
- Promote a safe working environment through driving compliance with Safety policies and procedures.
- Lead the plant BCC team in the event of an incident, and invoke crisis management procedures should a sentinel event occur.
- First line incident investigation.
- Control site access.
- Highlighting and managing non-compliance with our Environmental Management Plan.
- Ensure the quality management system is implemented by the shift team and targets are met.
- Where targets are not being met, to enact the escalation procedure.
- Maintain world-class levels of housekeeping according to the 5’shousekeeping standards
- Ensure conformance with the production plan.
- Highlighting opportunities in the plant with prompt action to correct the issue
- Continuously monitoring of mill performance on all assets.
- Manage shift resource to achieve production targets for ROO and Waste.
- Provide first line support through utilization of the shift support team. Where necessary, use the escalation procedure to obtain the necessary support.
- Controlling of labour to budget levels.
- Manage material consumption on shift to budget levels or better.
- Manage consumption of operating supplies on shift to budget levels or better.
- Manage maintenance supplies to budget levels or better.
- Manage and coordinate 1st line troubleshooting on shift.
- Ensure that sections start-up as per plan after a shutdown/outage.
- Communicating important matters from management and raise matters from the operator level to senior management.
- Ensure high level of standardized and effective visual management
- Communicate the plan to actuals in a daily report.
- Lead morning meeting with the cross functional team.
- Coordinating corrective action plans as issues raises from the morning meeting.
- Personal accountability for performance, engagement, attraction, diversity and inclusion of teams.
- Ensure that the shift teams have the right skills to operate the facility. Liaise with Day Operations / L&D to ensure operators are capable and training plan is delivered.
- Coach and develop the shift teams using a leader as teaching methodology.
- Assist Production Manager in managing performance through GPM or bargaining unit performance management system.
- Manage absenteeism through effective and consistent utilization of HR systems to correct misconduct.
- Assist the Production Manager in managing the manning plan and leave roster to ensure assets are adequately manned on a tour by tour basis.
- Managing weekend support teams through facilitating standby meetings.
- Drive the mindset of people to pursue company winning culture through contagious positive energy.
- Manage behavior of all operating crews from shift to shift.
- Minimum of a Degree in (Chemical/Electrical/Mechanical/Production) Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 Years' Experience Leading Teams.
- Experience in managing a complex shift environment.
- Experience in diaper manufacturing will be an added advantage.
- This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551376 to apply for this job .