Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting the population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for candidates to fill the position above.
- Under the direct supervision of the Base Program Coordinator, the Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring an efficient management of the pharmacy in the health facilities supported, respecting the medical procedures established in the framework of the project, as well as PU-AMI overall principles, in order to provide quality health services to Syrian refugees.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Support and monitor the pharmacy management of the health facilities supported:
- Provide technical support for the upgrade, best practices management of the pharmacy at PHCC, including the pharmacy, triage areas, others.
- In coordination with the Team Managers PHCC, evaluate the needs of the health facilities in terms of training, supply chain, etc.
- Monitor and make recommendations concerning hygiene and waste management in the health facilities
- Ensure, in collaboration with the entire Health team, that drugs are dispensed to the beneficiaries/target population.
- Ensure an accurate follow-up of the drugs consumption and the rational use of drugs by the partner health facilities, as well as analysis and reorientation, if necessary, in collaboration with the staff of the partner healthcare structures in charge of the pharmacy management and other key staff.
- Ensure that the drugs are bought following PU-AMI procedures and standards.
- Propose innovative ways to update existing procedures in collaboration with the Team manager PHCC, Quality Assurance Advisor, Medical Advisor.
- Ensure PHCC staff in charge of the pharmacy keep control of the overall movement of the pharmacy.
- Analyze weekly and monthly data to detect trends and plan drug order request accordingly.
Data collection and reporting:
- Provide monthly basis consumption report to the Base Program Coordinator or equivalent in a standard format.
- Provide Drug orders estimations to the BPC following PU-AMI procedures—following a match analysis with MoPH provision.
- Ensure the monthly monitoring and analysis of the indicators (internal and external)
- In collaboration with the Medical Advisor, Health Field Officer ensure a direct supervision of the medical data collection and reporting system implemented in the health facilities
- Following the provision of training by MoPH or other international agency, provide continuous follow-up/monitoring to guarantee impact and quality of care to the beneficiaries.
- Participate in writing of all required medical reports (for PU-AMI, donors, partners, etc)
Capacity building/transfer of knowledge:
- In coordination with the Team Managers PHCC and Community, provide necessary support to the partner health facilities in terms of the activities implementation (training, capacity building).
Capitalization/Institutional knowledge Building:
- Technical capitalization works for the whole mission in collaboration with the Health Project Manager, Pharmacist Advisor and Health Coordinator;
- Develop an understanding of the Lebanon situation (beneficiaries, needs, political context, and strategy of intervention);
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic, (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: Pharmacist, minimum experience of 2 years
- Work experience: Proven experience in NGOs. Knowledge of the project cycle and logical framework; ability to monitor activities’ indicators;
- Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid driving licence
- Management and pedagogical skills
- Good knowledge of Mount Lebanon districts’ geography, willing to travel locally
- Literacy in reporting
- Knowledge of Health Information Systems use in different project of MoPH is an asset
- Interest: Work in relief, interest for social issues
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check information, logical
- Applicants who have already applied on previous advertisements; we request that you re-apply. Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551360 to apply for this job .