Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting the population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for candidates to fill the position above.
- The Admin Assistant is responsible for preparing the cash books, maintaining cash controls, scanning and archiving finance documents, and performing other Admin/HR functions.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Keep and maintain all the accounts records in soft as well as in hard copies.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the cashbooks daily.
- Assist in the remittances of Withholding tax.
- Assist for the preparation of financial audit
- Any other accounting task assigned by the supervisor.
- Process receipts and invoices for cash and bank payments.
- To analyze the cash situation weekly and report same to the Finance Officer.
- To ensure the safekeeping of the cash boxes.
- To perform periodic cash counts with the Finance Officer.
- To ensure that the cash security procedures are implemented and respected.
- Assist the Admin Manager to update expat staff visa tracker.
- Send out notices for Monguno base meetings.
- Support in the interface with Nigerian Immigration Service to renew the visas of expat staff.
- Assist the Admin Manager to update National staff personnel files.
- Manage the Expat guest houses and flag off complaints to the Logistics department.
- Perform any other HR/Admin roles as assigned by the supervisor.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager may deem necessary.
- Language skills - Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Computer Skills - Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package especially Microsoft Word &Excel.
- Technical skills - Generally accepted accounting principles
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Previous experience in the non-profit organization.
- Work Experience and Academic qualifications
- Minimum of 1-year work experience preferably in a finance and admin role.
- The minimum educational requirement is HND or BSc in Accounting, Business Administration, and Economics.
- Completed or on-going professional qualification in the accounting field is an added advantage.
Other required skills:
- Honest and trustworthy and Able to manage stress and pressure
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work with minimal supervision
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
- Attention to detail and reasonable.
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Accounting and finance
- Applicants who have already applied on previous advertisements; we request that you re-apply. Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551359 to apply for this job .