Ysidra Creative Solutions is an innovative design studio based in Lagos, that delivers fresh engaging creative solutions for clients who want greater attention to detail and enhanced experiences. We are looking for vibrant and dynamic candidates to fill the position above.
- We are looking for a self-motivated, Accountant/Finance officer to help execute all of our financial goals. Our ideal candidate is someone who can oversee all our financial functions and manage the company’s financial reporting process.
- Developing and leading all aspects of the company’s financial management and financial reporting.
- Defines standards, policies, procedures, and measures to meet the company’s financial goals.
- Cre8s and maintains a variety of performance metrics and dashboards to ensure the optimal finance operation of the business.
- Manages cash flows, forecasting, and all financial accounting activities;
- Maintains banking & accounting Relationships.
- Leads financial administration, planning and budgeting activities.
- Drives financial strategies to mitigate risk and loss.
- Ensures the company is compliant with tax authorities, understands the tax requirements, and optimizes tax obligations within compliance.
- Approve payments, purchase authorizations and other financial transactions to ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments/authority.
- Maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements to meet administrative and project expenditures. Establish monthly cash requirements for the company
- Assists with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment and storage.
- Maintains supplies inventory by check stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; sourcing for suppliers (vendors) and submitting invoices.
- Continually reviews freight costs, transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible.
- Ensures data integrity in all financial reporting and conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
- Manages cash controls as well as maintain bookkeeping up-to-date.
- Ensures all expenses are within the assigned project budget.
- Ensures that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
- Identifying and resolves invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies, and other financial related issues.
- Initiates both local and foreign bank transfers and ensure transfers are done on time.
- Undertakes other duties as required.
- The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented, have excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to prioritize projects.
- At least 2 years experience
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- BSc degree or professional certificate in Accounting.
- Knowledge of local tax remittances;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA is considered a plus
- Prior experience work at a startup or in the marketing communications industry/printing industry is a plus.
- ACCA, CFA, or ICAN certified is a plus
- Its also a plus if you reside on the island.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter (Telling us about yourself and why this job should be your's)
- Only resumes that include a cover letter will be considered. It is a big plus if you write, “How I can make a difference” in the email subject application.
- There are grammatical and typo errors in this job description, send in a corrected version highlighting your corrections.
- We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. Thank you for your interest
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551306 to apply for this job .