Ysidra Creative Solutions is an innovative design studio based in Lagos that delivers fresh and engaging creative solutions for clients who want greater attention to detail and enhanced experiences.
- We are looking for a self-motivated, Operations Manager to Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output.
- He/She will be responsible for planning organizing efficient utilization of resources (manpower, raw materials, and equipment capacity) and ensuring that production lead-time is optimized.
- Organize and coordinate day-to-day business operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
- Establish organizational/operational structures.
- Develop methods to monitor project or area progress.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of all business units, and provide corrective supervision where necessary.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between business units
- Implement and/or manage operational and production plans.
- Develop and monitor operation of the definition of Service Levels Agreements (SLAs), Mous, Trade Agreements.
- Produce monthly operations review reports to evaluate growth performances
- Plan work schedules, estimate material costs and assign duties to staff to maintain effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workload
- Develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Active involvement in estiating, negoating and agreeing budgets and timescales with procurement and marketing managers.
- Develop and Implement Project Cost Management Plan.
- Responsible for cost, schedule control and validates payment milestones with finance before payment to vendors.
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Be responsible for calendar management requiring interaction with internal staff and external executives and assistants, clients, consultants and vendors.
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfillment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met.
- Ensure operation of supplies by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining supplies inventories.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers.
- Responsible for end-to-end quality project delivery and PO closure.
- Liaise with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational and sales activity.
- Collaborate with production in vendor screening and selection.
- Proactively communicate observations that will improve the efficiencies and success of the company.
- Assist in special projects on an as-needed basis with other staff members.
- First Degree preferred
- Must have 2 - 4 years experience in operations.
- Applicants with lower educational qualifications and real experience will also be considered.
- Computer literate with an intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- Professional project management certification and experience are an advantage.
- Its also a plus if you reside on the island.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Team-leadership and collaboration
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment with outstanding attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable generating evaluating various forecasts, metrics and analyses.
- Good conceptual thinker with strong negotiation skills.
- Outgoing proactive, patient and willing to work with tight deadlines
- Relaxed and confident in liaising with individuals at all levels.
- Communication skills (both oral and written) are also important
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes and Cover Letters (telling us about yourself and why this job should be yours.
- Only resumes that include a cover letter will be considered. It is a big plus if you write, “How I can make a difference” in the email subject application.
- There are grammatical and typo errors in this job description, send in a corrected version highlighting your corrections.
- We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551305 to apply for this job .