Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the southwestern zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun, and Kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states). We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
- To examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the organization’s internal control systems and procedures in safeguarding the organization and mitigating risks
- Establishes and maintains guidelines for a system of internal control including internal control processes and policies to safeguard the organization and mitigate risks
- Assists in conducting risk assessments and identifies/ put controls in place to mitigate identified risks - identify key risk areas within the organization and proposes appropriate controls to mitigate the risks
- Coordinates reviews of organization control to ensure compliance with company / regulatory policies and regulations
- Manages work requirements and budget to meet team initiatives – develops work plan including time estimate, target dates and deliverables, etc.
- Assists in conducting special investigations and delivers timely, relevant and actionable feedback and/or recommendations
- Provides management with periodic reports on compliance with internal control systems.
- Good knowledge of generally accepted internal control principles & techniques and best practices.
- Good understanding of Corporate Governance principles.
- Experience in the preparation and analysis of data through computer-aided audit tools (such as Excel spreadsheets, or other database tools).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience in developing internal audit & control policies and procedures.
- Solid knowledge on regulations and principles guiding the Utility industry.
- Experience in Risk Assessment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline
- A master’s degree in Accounting or any related discipline
- Membership of any of the following professional bodies - Certified Institute of Auditors (CIA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Possession of any of the following certifications is an added advantage: Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), International Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- At least 10+ years work experience in public accounting, internal audit/control with a At least 5 years supervisory experience.
- When the page opens, click on "Click here see vacancies" and select "Lead, Risk & Control" to apply accordingly
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551293 to apply for this job .