Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently, we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
- Takes responsibility for major aspects of network specification and design within the organization. Makes recommendations for the improvement of network design operation and economics, wherever and whenever possible.
- Produces network design, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access.
- Is aware of operational requirements especially in terms of service levels, network availability, response times, security and repair times. Proposes design enhancements, capacity changes, contingency and recovery arrangements as required, to ensure that all network design targets are met and that the networks provided meet their service level targets within the organization’s planned budget.
- Provides advice and guidance to, business management, analysts, designers, and less experienced colleagues on all aspects of network design and technology. Interfaces with designers and planners from external suppliers and network service providers, to ensure that network requirement (particularly network response times, volumetric information and security requirements) are reflected in the overall specification.
- Manages and coordinates a network design team or teams.
- Estimates and plans small to medium sized communications design projects or parts of larger projects
- Reviews network costs against budget, public tariffs, and new developments, approving proposals to change network design when appropriate. Obtains and evaluates proposals from network suppliers of equipment, software and services.
- Manages a center of expertise within the organization, taking responsibility for the development of complex network systems, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, building, testing, operation, maintenance, upgrade, migration and obsolescence.
- A technical specialist or a communications generalist typically working with an organization specializing in network design, a service provider or as part of a large organization. Has a comprehensive background in the operation and engineering of communications networks.
- Has a strategic understanding of the technical and operational aspects of working with external telecommunications service suppliers. Has an extensive knowledge, both theoretical and practical of a wide range of communications systems, networks, software, hardware and supplier services, networking media, services, and facilities. Understands the technical and economic needs of the business, is budget conscious and possesses strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of project management.
- Educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing and managing networks for large organization.
- Network Analyst, UNISUP Specialist, IT,Net, BSc, C++, MS Office, MS PowerPoint, Oil & Gas, Operations
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551229 to apply for this job .