The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners' peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS provides project management, infrastructure and procurement services with a focus on sustainability and national capacity development.
- Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
Background Information - Job-specific
- The Islamic Development Bank(IDB) is an international Islamic multilateral development financial institution established in 1974 that aims to foster the economic development and social progress of member countries and Muslim communities.
- The purpose of IDB is to foster the economic development and social progress of member countries and Muslim communities individually as well as jointly in accordance with the principles of Shari'ah i.e., Islamic Law.
- Being part of IDB, you will work to achieve our mission to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
- Carry out duties related to the planning, implementing and monitoring of project procurement-related activities within the locations associated with the regional hubs to fulfill the needs of the Bank.
- This role ensures effective compliance with procurement guidelines for the successful preparation, appraisal, and implementation of approved projects.
Policies, Procedures & Processes:
- Implements the policies and procedures contained in the Procurement Guidelines of the Bank.
- Provide Technical advice to the project officers in the preparation of project procurement Plans.
- Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures taking into account Member Countries’ needs, IDB Group priorities and observed trends among similar MDBs.
Project Procurement Management:
- Extend the Project Procurement Facilitation and Implementation Support for improved quality at entry, implementation and at completion in-order to improve quality in project delivery.
- Provide support for risk assessment in projects as per the Procurement Guidelines and follow-up with concerned parties in order to maintain acceptable risk mitigation measures.
- Support in the elaboration of project concept notes, preparation and appraisal of projects in order to provide the required advice on procurement matters.
- Organize project start-up workshops, conduct staff briefings and provide necessary support for the country portfolio.
- Review and clearance, as the case may be, of Procurement Documents (RFP, BD, PQD, EoI, GPN, SPN) received from beneficiaries and ensure its compliance with IDB requirements.
- Contribute in the resolution of procurement issues from various stakeholders, including those related to input in complaints handling as per the guidelines, in order to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the capacity development of concerned stakeholders through organizing and preparing specialized workshops on project procurement policies and procedures as per the procurement guidelines of IDB, both internally and externally.
- Contribute in preparation of Country Procurement Assessment Reports (CPAR), Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) & Project Procurement Audit Reports.
- Prepare periodic briefs on procurement related issues in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in project procurement of MDBs.
- 3 years' experience in project management and implementation.
- Experience in Multilateral Development Institutions is desired
- Experience in conducting project procurement performance reviews and assessment is desired
- Experience in developing project procurement audit reports is desired.
- Fluency in the English language is required.
- French is a desired language.
- Contract type, level, and duration:
- Contract level: Equivalent to ICSC-9
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Bank Knowledge
- Country Knowledge and Programming
- Country Portfolio Assessment
- Project Risk Assessment and Evaluation
- Policies and Procedures
- Project Management
- Motivation to learn and share
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Travel requirements 20% or more depending on requirements.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551206 to apply for this job .