Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life
What You Will Do
- Understanding the needs of Nigerian teacher trainees and providing thorough feedback to the content team and work with them to contextualize our global training content to Nigeria.
- Hiring and training our training associates who will execute the teacher - training program.
- Developing a facilitator - training program and materials including videos, manuals, professional development sessions etc. and videos.
- Training, coaching and supporting to new facilitators as they begin new roles.
- Observing and appraising facilitators according to the Bridge Training criteria for presentation skills and group management.
- Overseeing the execution of each training to ensure that all sessions and activities are executed as planned.
- Working closely with the administration, HR, technology and other departments to ensure that the training runs smoothly and that all trainee needs are met.
- Working closely with the operations teams to understand hiring needs and implementing the selection process at training to make hiring decisions.
- Documenting and addressing all trainee concerns and questions.
- Evaluating training and creating a detailed report at the conclusion of each training.
- Giving suggestions, ideas and feedback with an aim to improve the training program
- Providing on- going training for serving teachers.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience with proven track record of achieving high academic outcomes with pupils.
- Minimum of three years of experience in teacher training or school leadership.
- Management and Supervisory Experience is Significant.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
You Are Also:
- Proactive - You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate- Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551112 to apply for this job .