Groupe Aldelia is a world leader in Permanent and Contract Staffing and Payroll Solutions services, a specialist Oil & Gas, Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria, our major Oil Exploration and Production companies including ENI, Shell, TOTAL, Petrobras and Odebrecht.
- The Head of Academic Studies is responsible for delivering high-quality academic and training programmes, coordinating and supporting a team of faculties, managing relationships with partner institutions and agencies and leading on research activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop contents of and for all academic and training programmes in liaison with partner institutions and agencies
- Manage the budget of the academic and training work streams of Academy and ensure compliance to targets
- Monitor and control the quality of the learning programmes by ensuring that that all academic and training programme are delivered to the high standard required
- Manage all agreements with academic and training partners and ensure compliance to the terms of such agreements
- Ensure that Academy customers – learners, institutional partners and faculties - receive good customer service at every point at which they have contact with Academy and its academic and training programmes
- Administer the academic board and any other similar governance structure of Academy
- Represent Academy professionally at all levels, especially in relation to academic and +training activities and responsibilities
- Coordinate faculties and the teaching team, providing support as necessary.
- Ensure that learning facilities are adequately maintained, meet market demands/expectations as well as health and safety requirements
- Manage all records of academic and training programmes and that of learners
- Plan and effectively implement an annual academic and training calendar, in liaison with the sales and marketing team
- Ensure that all academic and training programme are delivered and managed in accordance with local and international standards and take a leadership role in the development of national and international reputation for Academy
- Identify research priorities, as part of the strategic vision for Academy by building a research team, engaging Masters and PhD students and Research Fellows in the field and practice of ESRM
- Attract research grant income, of a sufficient level that Academy’s research activities will become self-sustaining
- Produce high quality, peer-reviewed papers on ESRM and oversee the production of papers on ESRM by other members of the research team
- Ensure that Academy has a presence at relevant high-profile national and international spaces, in order to disseminate the Academy’s research findings in ESRM.
- Network and partnership development: Establish new partners and build upon existing relationships, in order to establish Academy as a centre of learning, policy and practice in ESRM.
- Minimum Masters Degree in Arts or Social Science
- Experience as a lecturer in higher institution is mandatory
- Minimum of 8 - 10yrs experience in on similar role.
- PhD studentship an advantage
- Experience of working in a higher institution
- Skills in curriculum development and academic/training contents
- Experience of lecturing and training programme facilitation
- Experience of undertaking research and writing academic papers
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551104 to apply for this job .