Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
- Responsible for providing structural integrity support to assigned assets (structural integrity evaluations, inspection results review and assessments, and high-level structural engineering evaluations)
- Ensure sustained integrity of client's structures through proactive engagement with asset (operations, maintenance, inspections) teams and provide integrity surveillance and management support
- Primary equipment includes structures (Onshore and offshore), equipment supports, foundations and subsea
- In addition to technical ability, the individual should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Conduct routine structural integrity assessments (external corrosion) for structures
- Provide support on implementation of Facility Integrity Management System (FIMS) requirements relating to structural equipment integrity management
- Provide recommendations to inspections team on structural integrity inspection scopes
- Analyze inspection results and conduct fitness for service assessment to ensure integrity of the equipment, ensure own recommendations for remedial actions are technically sound and cost effective.
- Ensure that all recommendations are followed through to completion.
- Provide first line support for structural integrity assessments (member structural capacity evaluations for increased loading, structural modifications, cathodic protection system evaluations, e.t.c)
- Develop seriatim listing of structural integrity issues for both shutdown and non-shutdown related deficiencies for effective work planning
- Conduct or participate in risk assessments
- Conduct or participate in root cause failure analysis
- Work with all other integrity sub teams – corrosion prevention, inspections, coatings/repairs to come up integrated solutions to mitigate structural integrity issues
- Visit offshore locations for site integrity evaluations and proffering fit for purpose engineering recommendations to resolve identified issues
- BSc. or Higher Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, preferably a registered Engineer, with strong bias offshore structures or ocean engineering and experienced in supporting asset integrity management for producing facilities in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum 5 years experience, of which at least 3 years are related to structural engineering design and modeling of oil & gas facilities. Experience in brownfield retrofit projects is an advantage.
- Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes (In particular API
- Recommended Practices, AISC, ASME, ANSI etc.) and appropriate safety criteria. Intimate knowledge of upstream oil and gas industry from operator's stand point is desirable
- Ability to perform computer-aided structural designs and analyses using appropriate engineering software. Working knowledge of SACS or StruCAD*3D is preferable
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Critical skills: Civil field experience, good Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) management and communication skill
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communication.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551054 to apply for this job .