Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support, primary health care system strengthening and Maternal and Child Health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Application code: DAA-Kaduna or DAA Katsina or DAA Jigawa
Project: Subject to securing donor funding
Duration of Contract: Full time, fixed-term contract (six years)
- The Demand and Accountability Advisor will take lead at providing technical leadership on Demand & Accountability for a high-quality, results-oriented program focused on promoting appropriate use of malaria commodities.
- Support CSOs engagement and conduct effective, strategic and coordinated malaria programme advocacy and monitoring at regional and national levels, reinforcing the programmes accountability and securing leadership’s political will.
- Support CSOs’ increase understanding of malaria programming in attainment of health system objectives, with improved capacity and tools to participate and contribute, strengthening national, state and local level processes and the sustainability of actions.
- To improve dialogue among CSOs and with other implementing partners through developing more and effective communication platforms and the sharing of higher quality information.
- To promote behavior change among community members and service providers for the demand and supply of malaria services.
- Must possess a First degree (B.Sc/HND) in Sciences, Social Sciences courses with Postgraduate degree in Planning, Public Policy, Development Studies, Political Sciences or any related field
- Must possess extensive field experience in managing programmes.
- Must possess at least five (5) years post NYSC experience including Civil society engagement roles, networking and alliance building with other agencies
- Must possess in-depth experience in developing and managing delivery of strategies across multiple, remote teams
- Must possess substantial experience, knowledge and awareness of malaria programming
- Must possess strong conceptual and analytical skills, and ability to think/operate innovatively and strategically
- Must possess willingness and ability to travel across the response cities
- Must possess excellent facilitation skills and the ability to support entities to translate research to policy, and policy to strategic plans for implementation is compulsory.
- Must possess ability to speak local language in preferred state will be of added advantage
- Must possess good listening, communication, report writing and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and responsibility.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/551024 to apply for this job .