GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- Reporting operationally to the Project Director (PD) and functionally to the Business Finance Manager, the Project Finance Manager will prepare, analyze and report on all financial data related to the assigned project. This will include specific support to the PD and include costing variance analysis, milestone billings, variation pricing etc.
Month End closing activities:
- Reconcile revenue and cost of sales to the appropriate business system as directed by the SPS Projects Finance Leader
- Calculate percentage-of-completion (POC) accounting entries for assigned POC projects
- Reconcile engineering/project management costs to P&L Account/Inventory
- Prepare management commentary on major bookings and shipments in the month for assigned projects
- Prepare rolling forecast for bookings, revenues, margin, advances and cash flow for assigned projects
- Reconcile warranty, liquidated damages and penalty provision reserves for assigned projects
- Review advances, unbilled shipments and unearned billings accounts for assigned projects
- Prepare comprehensive management reports for assigned projects
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations for all Projects balance sheet accounts
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Support SPS Projects Finance Leader in preparation of relevant budget and forecast data
- Assist in preparation of ad hoc projections throughout the year at project level
Support to ‘Front End’ team:
- When necessary attend pricing meetings to ensure pricing policies are adhered to during review
- Attend PO handover meetings for assigned projects
- When necessary, provide historical cost data in support of pricing process
- Generate target costing for project execution
Specific Project Finance Manager duties:
- Ensure correct generation of customer invoices and manual milestone/ shipment invoices (this will involve coordination with the relevant PL based project accountants)
- For new contracts assigned, review and comment on financial terms in Ts & Cs section.
- Provide general financial / business support to project team members.
- Prepare monthly Project Status Reports (PSRs) in accordance with the required reporting and variance reporting standards.
- Review project status reports with project managers and assist in resolving highlighted issues.
- Coordinate and report on Third Party Billings, IC Re-billings and cash forecasting.
- In conjunction with the project’s Contracts Manager, coordinate the change order log reconciliation.
- Prepare additional quarterly schedules as required for all current projects
- Qualified Accountant or QBE with 3+ years in a similar role
- Project related experience
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Qualified Accountant with relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills
- SAP or ORACLE experience preferable
- Excellent PC/IT skills, including Excel
- Ability to guide and effectively communicate with non-financial managers
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550972 to apply for this job .