Young Readers Library - A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills.
Purpose of the Role
To help support and assist with the planning, implementation and running of the Summer Holiday program.
- Help develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials.
- Ensure effective teaching of the whole class and of group and individuals within the whole class setting, so that learning objectives are met and pupils learning time is used efficiently.
- Plan, organise and implement the holiday program in the library.
- Prepare and organise the set up of any equipment or resources for sessions.
- Assist the children with completing their journals.
- Any other associated tasks as required for the role.
Skills and Experience Required/Desired
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written in either Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo.
- Previous experience in teaching either Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo Language.
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public, especially children.
- Previous experience of working with children and participating in children’s activities.
- Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills.
- The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety.
- Training Available:
- A one morning induction and introduction to the library and Library Services.
- Shadowing sessions with other library staff to gain confidence and knowledge.
- A minimum of 4 weeks commitment is required. The contract can be renewed for long-term.
- A credible reference will be needed as the role involves interaction with children.
Transport Allowance will be given.
Volunteer appreciation certificate will be given at the end of the volunteer service.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550971 to apply for this job .