GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming the industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- The Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) (Project System Design Authority (SDA)) has Project SDA responsibility for engineering activities in the Execution Phase of the Engineering/Procurement/Construction (EPC) Subsea Project.
- Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, and functionally to the EPC Head of project engineering, this is a senior level role working in a high-profile function of GE Oil & Gas.
- This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining senior engineers with subsea systems experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Delivery of all engineering and technical aspects of an EPC project
- Manages the EPC Systems Engineering budget and schedule
- Development and implementation of the Project Engineering Execution Plan
- Responsibility for system definition, field layout and flow assurance
- Ensures all System Interfaces are professionally managed
- Manages system verification and validation including System Integration Testing and Technical Assurance
- Project Technical Risk Management
- Ensures diligent control of the Technical Change process
- Provides regular reporting of Project Engineering status to the Project team, to the client, and to other stakeholders
- Delivers professional handover of all engineering aspects to the Services Organization
Proven experience across the following:
- Project Management/Engineering Management experience of Subsea (or equivalent complex) project execution
- Architecture definition for subsea production system
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short-term assignments
- Fluent English speaker
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science-based discipline/or equivalent
- 5 years’ oil and gas engineering background mainly in subsea production systems
- Mandatory NSE and COREN certifications
- Chartered Engineer or PE certification is preferred
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Ability to create and lead multi-disciplined, geographically dispersed teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550956 to apply for this job .