Medecins Du Monde or Doctors of the World is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to Healthcare worldwide.
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Supervisor
- Possibility for extension: yes
- Under the supervision of Mental Health Supervisor, the Mental health Psychosocial Support Counsellor will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Contribute to the implementation of the overall mental health and psychosocial support strategies, activities and resources in Damboa.
- Facilitate the delivery of a qualified mental health & psychosocial support (MHPSS) for individuals and their communities as well as to improve Communities mental health and psychosocial well-being.
- Contribute to the integration of MHPSS component into existing and new programs according to HQ Mental Health Strategy
- Supervise and provide technical follow-up to MdM MHPSS staff in Maiduguri
- Deliver one-on-one (Individual) and group counseling sessions to identified clients through MDM Clinics, and in line with MDM integrated approach
- Develop psychosocial activities; community mobilization, awareness raising, the creation of family support group, working on family links etc.
- Support MH Coord in delivering training, workshops etc as outlined in the project.
- Support in the creation of materials including publicity documents, workshops contents.
- Engage with the community to deliver and promote MDM MHPSS project activities in the designated locations.
- Assist in writing monthly, quarterly, annual reports, monitoring and evaluation activity and progress reports of project activities including monthly reporting to the MHPSS Coordinator.
- On request support MH Coord in specific tasks
- Maintain a positive image of MDM at all times and in all circumstances.
- Contribute to weekly / monthly activities reports to line manager (Mental Health Supervisor)
- Report to the direct supervisor monthly (mental health activities report to be sent in the first week of the month).
- Apply and respect MDM security rules in the mission.
- Maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners.
- Attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- If necessary, contribute in preparing emergency plans with the MDM-F team to adjust MDM-F activities and medical resources to the needs.
- Take part in advocacy and communication activities under the supervision of his/her supervisor.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Mental Health Supervisor and Mental Health Coordinator.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Supervisor
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Be Educated to Degree level in Psychology, Counselling, Social Sciences, Community Development or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience in related work within an INGO or organization similar setting.
- Experience in MHPSS project implementation within an INGO setting
- Good knowledge of counseling and community mobilization methods and tools
- Good spoken and written English
- Good spoken and written Kanuri, with at least one other local language: Hausa and Marghi,
- Good communicator with proven organizational skills
- Previous experience in TOT
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team setting
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Qualified candidates should submit a two-page Curriculum Vitae, three work-related References and one page Cover Letter, in One Document -MS Word or PDF explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above.
- Write the "Job Title and Your Name" in the subject line.
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection includes some written tests and oral interviews.
- If you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not shortlisted for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550934 to apply for this job .