NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML), a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited, seeks to engage personnel for immediate employment in the capacity above.
- Coordinate the provision of safe, timely and efficient Port and Terminal operations in support of Production, Commercial and NLNG business targets through the management of marine resources, stakeholders and NLNG vessel traffic management system for speedy vessel turnaround.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and coordinate the export tankers jelly schedules and berthing operations for safe and timely loading operations at NLNG Jellies.
- Manage and operate Vessel Traffic Management & Information Systems (VTIMS) and Marine Control Building for safe navigation of vessels arriving and departing NLNG Jetties through Bonny channel, and monitoring of the entire terminal waterfront.
- Manage marine staff and contract staff tor efficient delivery of marine service as well as provide support for the coordination and management of terminal incidents and emergency situations, to reduce operational loss to the company
- Liaise! interface with relevant government agencies, regulatory and industry bodies, committees, emergency services and consultants to ensure no disruption to Terminal Marine Operations.
- Plan and manage marine support crafts for service optimization and fuel efficiency as well as develop and implement initiatives for operational improvements.
- Coordinate marine crafts and marine facility user inspection schedules and follow up to ensure that they are available, reliable and fit-for-purpose.
- Facilitate ship/shore interface from nomination to departure including the transfer of stores, ship wastes, personnel and victualling at Jelly, mid-stream and OPL for smooth ship operations.
- Manage demurrage and towage verifications with the aim to reduce company demurrage exposure and improve towage cost recovery
The right candidate should:
- Have a minimum of Class 1 Deck Certificate of Competency issued by an internationally recognized Maritime Flag State
- Minimum of 8 years including service on Gas or Oil tankers, up to and including the rank of Chief Officer for not less than 3 years. Experience of tanker cargo operations supervision, ship/shore safety administration, and marine contract services is an added advantage.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550899 to apply for this job .