Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
- An Accounts Officer will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, income audit and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department.
What will I be doing?
As Accounts Officer, you will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, income audit and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain accurate stocks, accounts payable, prepayments and creditor/accruals accounting records
- Provide related financial reports for the hotels
- Comply with company timetables and policies (Income audit)
- Support the Finance Manager in managing communications regarding the payment and handling of suppliers to include the accurate and timely processing of invoices
- Lead the month end process, as it relates to stocks, creditors, prepayments and accruals, and ensure all work is completed on time with all relevant accounts reconciled
- Ensure the balance sheets, as they relate to stocks, prepayments, creditors and accruals are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly food and beverage cost flash
- Maintain Fixed Cost Register and ensure that it fully and accurately reflects all active contracts
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with all hotel areas
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner
What are we looking for?
An Accounts officer serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- The organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritize
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Analytical approach and creativity to problem resolution
- Commitment to support and drive change where necessary
- Advanced IT skills, especially with MS Office and Hilton systems
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Technical accounting knowledge of SUN, Peopllesoft bookkeeping, stocks, creditors and accruals
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Technical knowledge of Hotel Income/Night Audit operations
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550877 to apply for this job .