Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest people. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require the mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
He/she is responsible for:
- The overall program development and program implementation;
- The staff management,
- Guaranteeing the respect of SIF procedures, policies and best practices,
- Representing the SIF toward local authorities, and the different stakeholders (donors, local NGOs)
- Identifying and securing institutional donor’s funding
Leadership of the Country Programme:
- To maintain and develop SIF’s presence in Nigeria,
- To coordinate and manage the overall planning and direction of SIF's operations in Nigeria ,
- To develop and maintain a coherent strategy that contributes to SIF's global objectives
- To regularly analyze the context, risks, operational access issues and availability of resources, in relation to the program objectives,
- To oversee the field assessments,
- To assess the donor environment and opportunities for funding, and ensure concept notes and proposals are developed (according to SIF institutional strategy) and submitted in due time,
- To ensure effective and timely coordination of technical inputs in proposal development within country program and HQs,
- To develop and maintain SIF's emergency activities and oversee the scale-up of the emergency response,
- To represent SIF, coordinate and advocate on key issues with local and national authorities, UN agencies, donors and INGOs,
- To develop funding strategies and donor mapping analysis,
- To manage external communications in collaboration with the HQs communications department. Act as the contact person with press and media,
- To maintain regular communications with HQs using the established procedures.
Staff Management / Human Resources:
- To provide leadership and management to the team,
- To line manage senior staff, regularly make performance and management appraisals (at least once a year),
- To support national and international staff, ensuring that individuals work effectively together as a team to achieve the programme objectives,
- To organize and supervise capacity building and development of national staff.
- To ensure that appropriate logistic structures and procedures are established and/or are maintained in accordance with the SIF guidelines,
- To oversee the timely and efficient planning and implementation of procurement and supply of items in line with project needs,
- To ensure adequate management of warehousing, compounds, transportation, goods in kind, and assets according to SIF procedures.
Safety and Security Management:
- Responsible for the safety and security of all SIF staff and visitors to Nigeria.
- To ensure that a safety and security framework for SIF operations is developed, communicated, adhered to and regularly reviewed,
Administration and Finance:
- To oversee the budget preparation, and analysis of actual expenditures vs. budget,
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, Deputy Country Director or Chief of Party with INGOS in a similar context
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem-solving, and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical action plans
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing
- Strong leadership skill, with excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring, and management
- Capacity to act with diplomacy & proven liaison and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of the Humanitarian principles
- An understanding of commitment to SIF mission and values.
- French fixed term contract “CDD usage”
- Remuneration according to profile
- Monthly Per diem
- Housing 100% covered by SIF
- Medical cover (60% cover by SIF and 40% covered by the expatriate)
- R&R every at 3 and 9 month
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550864 to apply for this job .