Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
- The initial contract will be up until March 31, 2019, renewable subject to availability of funding and performance.
- Under the supervision of the State Coordinator, the Program Officer assists with the formulation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of NTDs program in the State. He/she ensures consistency with the project set priorities and outcomes in the state.
- In collaboration with the state coordinator, facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed annual work-plan which identifies and sequences activities needed to successfully implement the project in the most cost-effective manner and ensure project objectives are met in line with national policies, HKI’s goals and that of the donor.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll out of detailed implementation plans (DIP) to scale up Mass drug Administration (MDA) in endemic LGAs with the view to eliminate NTDs
- Review the project schedule with State Coordinator and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise and regularly review the schedule as required.
- In collaboration with the other Project Officers, ensure HKI program partners execute the project according to their respective project plans;
- Document project activities and ensure that all project data is appropriately secured;
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully implemented;
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project;
- In collaboration with the HKI finance officer and other project staff, ensure project funds are utilized and retired according to established accounting policies and procedures
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- In collaboration with M&E officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools according to HKI, FMOH and donor standards;
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, HKI and donor.
- Internally and when requested support external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase and as required.
- Disseminate findings from evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development;
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Build and maintain working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility;
- Represent HKI towards local partners and at other appropriate fora;
Key Performance Indicators:
Successful implementation of the projects based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators
- Implementation of annual work plans in collaboration with SC
- Graduate Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Postgraduate Degree in related field preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- At least 4 years' working experience in managing an eye health or neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) program.
- Willingness to travel within the state and other parts of the country as needed
- Basic technical knowledge of PCT NTDs and Trachoma SAFE Strategy is preferable;
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to the job requirements
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document using the position title as the subject of the email.
- Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550853 to apply for this job .