Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
- The initial contract will be up until March 31st, 2019 renewable subject to availability of funding and performance.
- The objective of the M&E Officer position is to provide overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within the ENDFUND project. This is in addition to providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders. It entails close communication with all involved in M&E design and coordination: core project and partner M&E staff; representatives from primary stakeholder groups; and the Acting State coordinator, external consultants, and field staff when appropriate, plus members of external M&E-related missions.
- Work on the project logframe matrix, particularly in the areas of the objective hierarchy, indicators and monitoring mechanisms.
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E, for example, annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned during workshops.
- Guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each component, to record and report physical progress
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports.
- Design the framework for the physical and process monitoring of project activities
- Review the quality of NTDs data in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for coverage surveys and impact evaluation.
- Review existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support, and resources.
- Collaborate with staff on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects, and impacts.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support the implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- In collaboration with the NTD project officer, provide the NTDs Manager with management information that she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion fora to fill any gaps
- Organize and undertake training with stakeholders, including primary stakeholders, in M&E skills, including participatory aspects.
- Guide staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyze these reports in terms of problems and actions needed. Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Prepare monitoring reports, analyze them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Make regular reports to the project team highlighting areas of concern and preparing the documentation for review at meetings.
Required Minimum Education
- Postgraduate Degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on monitoring & evaluation position experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in NTD programs in Nigeria
- Extensive experience with monitoring and evaluating NTD programs in Nigeria
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works independently and reports to the Acting State Coordinator/designate
- Working on project strategy and policy guidelines makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them
- Responsibility for data or information: Has access to information within the project, and is responsible for program data generation and management
- Responsibility for assets: Overall responsibility assigned assets in the program
- Ability to work independently
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document using the position title as the subject of the email.
- Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550827 to apply for this job .