The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
- Provide support to the procurement function at AFENET in accordance with the organizational procurement procedures from procurement planning to close-out.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to staff concerning planning and forecasting their procurement needs periodically.
- Ensuring custody of the Organization’s procurement procedures and providing platform for dissemination of the same to the clients.
- Attend and respond to vendor and client questions
- In charge of leading, checking and preparing of specifications, terms of reference and statement of requirements in liaison with user departments.
- Offer assistance in designing and issuing of Requests for Quotations or Requests for Proposals.
- Ensure evaluations of bids and make recommendations to the procurement committee and users.
- In liaison with the Stores, personnel verifies deliveries for quality and quantity certification of the deliveries.
- Ensure custody and filing of purchase orders, agreements, and all relevant procurement records.
- In charge of monitoring of contractor/vendor performance to ensure compliance with the requirements, all terms, and conditions.
- Carry out periodical inventory and asset audits for the Organization’s property.
- Work with the Senior Procurement Officer in the evaluation of vendor offers for submission to the respective procurement committee for consideration for the award.
- Ensure and follow up all purchase requisitions and offers to vendors are processed and payments made to the suppliers and vendors.
- Obtain all information input and prepare regular and timely Procurement reports and other necessary inventory records for assets, periodical donations to the organization and stocktakings.
Qualification And Requirements
- University degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration.
- A minimum of at least five (5) years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management in a busy reputable organization.
- Sound knowledge of Procurement regulations and procedures.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550802 to apply for this job .