Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) - Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
About the Job
- The position function under the authority of the Security and Liaison officer. The Security and Liaison assistant is assigned to support the Security focal point in Nigeria.
- He/She contributes towards ensuring that ACTEDs safety and security rules are implemented countrywide.
- He/She also responsible to ensure a regular security and safety communication is maintained between ACTED office at Maiduguri and field offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Staff/Program and Premises Safety/Security:
- Ensure Security guards are well aware of their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty;
- Monitor on regular bases and ensure ACTED offices and GHs are well equipped with fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and emergency contact list;
- Monitor on regular basis and ensure security guards have access to basic security equipment (torch, mobile phone + charger and credit and ACTED emergency contact list.
- Ensure there is a safe area for fleet parking, drivers alerted for any evacuation in an immediate notice;
Transport/movement Safety and Security:
- Ensure all vehicles equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits and ACTED emergency numbers, if not, inform Dispatch and HR Dept. to update;
- Ensure all cars seat belt are working and staff members are following the safety instruction;
- Monitor with Dispatch team support the car movement and speed limit of the vehicles in ACTED Jordan with the new GPS tracking system;
- Ensure all teams have completed safety checklist before all field movements
- Coordinate staff movement in the field - with coordination of Security focal point at Maiduguri
- Ensure that communication tools and equipment are functioning well and in working condition;
- Ensure VHF Radio, Thuraya SAT phone and mobile phone are available, fully charged;
- Oversee the assignment of security materials – Thuraya’s and Radio’s to each field team before and after each movement
- Track security assets and dispatch of who has what device
- Maintain the Base Sattelite Phone and follow all security check-ins with the field teams as identified by the field movements; inform the security focal point and Country Director of any problems or missed communications
- Receive and compile all weekly Security Clearance Requests from Each Department/Team; submit INSO security clearance forms on weekly basis; scan approved SCRs to Country Director on a weekly basis
- Maintain a database of all INSO reported security incidents for monthly reporting.
- Any other tasks as needed to be requested by the Security and liaison officer or Country Director.
- All employees should master ACTED's core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-corruption, Transparency and Accountability
- Bachelor's Degree in a field related to humanitarian work or risk management
- 3 years of demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO with at least 1 year of field safety management experience included.
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English, and local language e.g Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri etc.
- Working experience in MS Office 2013 package including hands-on experience/skills & MS Excel PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Able to meet short deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- Willingness to travel to insecure areas
- Experience in developing safety-related technical tools guidelines and systems
- Willing to meet short deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Previous experience in security forces
- Contract length: 4 months with the possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English explaining the suitability to the position applied, contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer.
- Applications should be addressed to "The Recruitment Manager" and sent via email.
- The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
- CV-only applications will not be considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be a review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550751 to apply for this job .