Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
- Prepare risk-based audit plan and supporting resource estimate for VGN executive leadership and the Financial Audit Board that are consistent with the VGN’s goals
- Plan, organize and execute internal audit and consulting engagements to assess the adequacy of management processes and systems for:
- Risk management & administration
- Budget & forecast planning
- Financial management of VGN group and entity company
- Information technology governance
- Develop stakeholder report and recommendations from audit engagements
- Track implementation of audit recommendations and measure effectiveness of resulting improvements in risk management and cost
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of appropriate anti-fraud policy and company-wide code of ethics
- Conducts special audit inspections and examinations at the request of management team
- Develop and establish Internal Audit best practices within VGN - consistent with the Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practices Framework
- Advise CEO and the Financial Audit Board on any matters relating to the Internal Audit, organizational risk management, internal controls and governance
- Develop annual report, for the CEO and the Financial Audit Board, regarding Internal Audit engagements and activities
- Contribute to the development of VGN’s safety program, values and ethics
- Accounting, Banking and/or Finance or any related bachelor’s degree from a reputable Institution
- 3-5 years of progressive risk and internal audit/ accounting related experience
- Proficiency in the use of common accounting software Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts and ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls to mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management
- Knowledge of COSO Risk and Internal Control framework
- Working knowledge of professional IIA performance standards with regarding to planning, testing, sampling and documentation
- Experience in 1 or more of the following industries FinTech, Financial Services, Technology
- Well-developed corporate communication skills and deep proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in a conglomerate or group setting
- Experience in Private Equity or Venture capital is a plus
- ISO audit experience is a plus.
- Experience in navigating Microsoft NAV and implementation of large systems, such as ERP.
- Accounting/Finance related certifications – ACCA, ICAN, CFA, CPA,ISO
- A recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Audit (CA, CMA,CGA,CIA or CISA)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550734 to apply for this job .