West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first greenfield container terminals to be built in Nigeria under public-private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world. This has been possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
- Resolve Customer complaints and concerns quickly and efficiently by proper liaison with Operations, Planning, and Finance Department
- Establish proactive communication with the customer to ensure their understanding, handle quality and service issues, and develop/maintain customer loyalty.
- Interact with customers concerning orders & shipments.
- Interact with customers to advise shipment
- Initiate tracers with carriers
- Make changes to shipments where necessary
- Solicit sale of new or additional services using inside/telesales channel
- Handle irate customers in a professional manner
- Obtain customer feedback information & makes necessary analysis available to management on a regular basis
- Prepare correspondence to customers, regarding port procedures and notifications.
- Contact customers regarding any documents needed, such as customs declaration, manifest, etc.
- Contact customers regarding invoice payments.
- Meet with customers to solve any problems that may arise.
- Act as an escalation point for the receivable manager on timely payments of invoices by customers and personally calls customers if they are past due in payment.
- Assist when necessary in establishing or reviewing customs and other external procedures affecting port users.
- Co-ordinate customer issues with the relevant department
- Manage and maintain relationships with key accounts, local stakeholders.
- Update & maintain customer database, customer and company profile with assistance from sales.
- Constantly follow up on service trends, customer preferences, assist the MD and commercial team on the development of Customer Satisfaction surveys
We are looking for:
- A college degree in business preferably in marketing.
- At least five to seven years of customer service experience in a service industry. Experience in import/export documentation, billing, and other similar areas of operation is preferred.
- Experience in Direct Sales is an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of import/export documentation, such as manifests, declarations, etc.
- Knowledge of port rules and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; an ability to interact with customers both diplomatically and firmly, when necessary.
- Strong managerial and leadership capabilities.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment acquiring skills, knowledge and exposure to a service provider set up & marketing of services. General exposure to terminal management
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550731 to apply for this job .