Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations specializing in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and underprivileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
- The Social Accountability Specialist will be the lead person on engaging citizens and institutions in the country’s malaria response and will support a better understanding of the gap between awareness and use of malaria interventions, and support efforts to promote positive behaviour change and the uptake of malaria interventions.
- They will lead technical aspects of the project of building the capacity and provide technical support to citizens and institutions in the country’s malaria response to effectively monitor and advocate for quality malaria service delivery.
The successful candidate will have:
- A postgraduate degree in Public Health, Institutional Development, or other relevant field
- Knowledge of and experience working with civil society sector in the Nigeria
- Knowledge and experience in designing and applying social accountability tools
- Experience developing and delivering training projects and providing assistance/coaching to communities
- Experience working with the international development projects (DFID experience is preferred).
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Fluency in English is required
- This role is dependent on Malaria Consortium securing a forthcoming grant. CVs will be reviewed on an ongoing basis therefore early application is encouraged.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550679 to apply for this job .