Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations specializing in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and underprivileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
- The Senior Evidence and Learning Specialist will be seconded to the National Malaria Elimination Programme. S/he will work closely with counterparts in NMEP to build capacity in the area of malaria evidence generation and use.
- This will involve ensuring the NMEP develops and maintains a coherent and relevant learning agenda and programme that strengthens programme design and implementation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate degree in public health or development related fields, with a focus on learning approaches
- At least 10 years working in a technical role with an excellent understanding of health systems
- Extensive experience in developing and supporting a framework for organizational learning and impact
- Familiarity with the challenges and opportunities of gathering and using evidence in public health programmes in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Strong experience in capacity building for effective outputs, ideally learning related
- Sound understanding and experience of monitoring and evaluation processes to measure and monitor activity and progress against objectives
- Familiarity with the Nigerian health system, including government planning processes at Federal and State levels.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550677 to apply for this job .