Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations specializing in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and underprivileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
- The Project Director will provide overall programme oversight to SUNMAP2. He/She will be the focal point for engagement with DFID and representation at the National level.
- He/She will lead the SUNMAP2 Senior Management Team (SMT).
- The post holder will be responsible for the development and monitoring of a sustainability plan working closely with other members of the SMT and other partners.
- He/She will support institutional capacity building efforts including those linked to health reforms.
- They will provide oversight to long-term secondments to NMEP and line manage members of the SMT.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development or related discipline
- Senior management level experience on large-sized health projects in Africa
- At least 15 years working experience in international projects
- At least 5 years of those spent in projects in developing countries lasting more than 2 years and managing teams of 10 or more including local and international staff
- Experience managing at least one project for an external government client for at least 2 years
- Experience working with performance-based contracts
- Experience in project and financial management with a proven track record of timely submission of high-quality project deliverables
- This role is dependent on Malaria Consortium securing a forthcoming grant. CVs will be reviewed on an ongoing basis therefore early application is encouraged.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550676 to apply for this job .