DCSL Corporate Services Limited - Our client, a reputable Logistics Company, is recruiting to fill the position above.
- The Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that the financial records and policies/procedures of the Company are implemented efficiently and in line with current standards, ensure that Shareholders’ funds are protected as well as prompt and accurate budgeting, investment analysis for decision making.
- The Financial Controller is also responsible for providing leadership and setting the strategic direction for the Finance Team.
- The Finance Controller will report functionally to the Managing Director (MD) and Administratively to the General Manager (GM).
- He/ She will directly supervise the Chief Accountant, Financial Accountant & Management Accountant.
In fulfilling his or her responsibilities, The successful candidate will:
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures in performing day-to-day transactions processing;
- Adhere to policies and procedures in the organization and Review the integrity, reasonableness, and completeness of the data elements in the Finance system - SAGE Evolution, and consequently ensure completeness and accuracy of the set-up of accounts and data;
- Champion treasury management including funding analysis and financing for projects and overall capital funding;
- Ensure up to date payment of – PAYE, VAT, Corporate Tax, NSITF, WHT, etc;
- Ensure timely preparation of financial reports for management decision making;
- Liaise effectively with the External Auditors to ensure that efficient audit process is carried out;
- Liaise with all relevant regulators;
- Provide proactive information to Executive Management to facilitate optimal decision making;
- Ensure that Company assets and inventory are safe guarded and financial processes are continuously improved, appropriate, efficient and result driven;
- Ensure that financial/accounting risk inherent in the business are promptly identified and are appropriately controlled;
- Ensure adequate custody and control over Company’s assets;
- Ensure the Company maintains a favorable receivables position.
- A Bachelor's degree/ HND in Accounting or related field.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- Professional certification in ACCA/ACA/CIMA or any other recognized Professional certification in Accounting.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ relevant work experience.
- Evidence of technical competencies in Financial Analysis & Interpretation, Financial Management & Corporate Finance, Tax management, IT System
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550654 to apply for this job .