Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- The position is based in Abuja, FCT and will be supervised by the Head of Logistics.
- The Deputy Head of Logistics works closely with the Head of Logistics to drive the overall strategy and provide support to the implementation of Action Against Hunger programs at the base level.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee logistics needs in Abuja and ensure the follow up of the fulfillment ensuring maintenance, repairs and constructions works are conducted at the most technical and costs effective way.
- Take active role in building the capacity of mission team on Kit Log 3.6 procedures, in collaboration with Head of Logistics. For instance, conduct audits and ensure compliance with Kit Log 3.6 procedures.
- Provide feedback on monthly report and conduct trainings when needed including identifying areas of improvement and support the base logistics teams in continuous improvement. This process should improve the overall quality of the mission monthly report.
- Support the preparation of donor reports. This support can be either in drafting the report for review or providing information for the completion of the report.
- Oversees the logistics databases ensuring accuracy in the database.
- Establish and monitor adherence to standard operating procedures in all areas of logistics operations. Continuously examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities for successful service delivery.
- Evaluate, monitor and improve the performance of team members.
- Supervise fleet management in Abuja ensuring that the fleet are well maintained (in line with Action Against Hunger’s guidelines) and used in an optimized and professional manner.
- Anticipate variation of logistics needs in Abuja and plan mitigation measures.
- Support security management in Abuja; more especially in the implementation of logistics aspects of the SOP.
- Lead or support the deployment of new logistics tools and guidelines.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience is required.
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health-related NGOs.
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills with staff and vendors are essential.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis, and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proficient in standard logistics software.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550649 to apply for this job .