Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
- The Job holder adheres to Company Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) rules
The job holder ensures compliance with guidelines:
- Ensures compliance with the purchasing process with all internal Company rules and all applicable laws and regulation.
- Ensures the application of Company General Terms and Conditions for the purchase of equipment
- Ensures good administration and filing of all the purchasing documents and ensures that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms etc. are archived in line with the applicable procedures.
- Ensures that all purchasing activities meet audit requirements in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions.
- The job holder liaises with Partners and contributes to the work processes and deliverables of the purchasing entity:
- Prepares Contract Committee documents and participate with partners and duets for the presentation of Recommendation To Award while ensuring efficiency of the process
- The follow-up, analyze and know the markets, participate in the follow-up, and evaluation of suppliers with partners from different disciplines
- Contributes to reporting Key Performance Indicators for the purchasing activities of his/her team
- Uses and enriches Market Intelligence information,
- Engages in good use of SAP and other e-sourcing tools
- Identifies or participate in Best Practices, proposes Return on Experience to the Head of Purchasing
- Utilizes frame agreements signed by headquarters
- The Job holder ensures the proper execution of purchasing operations by performing the following activities:
- Organizes and leads negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of POs
- Analyses all Purchase Requisitions for adequate material specification, budget authorizations, and cost centers to which the purchases are being charged
- Reviews all PRs assigned, Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compiles tender packages and organizes a call for tender/request for quotation
- Answers to tenderers requests for clarification
- Studies compare and evaluate offers in order to have the most economical and contractually advantageous conditions
- Pays attention to Company general conditions and terms of purchase to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception and payment
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (Preferably Purchasing & Supply).
- At least 8 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry with very good knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting company purchases in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
How To Apply:
- On the navigation bar Click ‘APPLY TO TOTAL’
- Navigate to ‘Our offers’ and ‘select’ your language preference.
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria.
- Select your job preference to view details of the job.
- Click on 'Apply to job’ to complete an online application form.
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details In the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email ONLY
- State of Origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, a period of study.
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, the period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, the period of study
- All application forms must be completed online as we are unable to process paper applications.
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application per position as multiple applications may result in cancellation of the application.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550520 to apply for this job .