GVA Partners - Our client, a large Bank, Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above.
- The application developer role is a technology-focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the group.
- This role is best suited to candidates with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web-based solutions with technologies like JAVA, .NET and related technologies and also strong in-depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server development, SQL, and Oracle Databases.
- The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- Must have an understanding of agile methodology, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS, BA), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar disciplines.
- 5 – 8 years delivery experience with Java or. NET technologies
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.
- The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- 5+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment.
- Delivery experience with NET framework, including C#, ADO NET, LINQ and ASP NET.
- 2-5 years’ delivery experience with Java.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Extensive experience in the use of Oracle Database.
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP) preferred.
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience.
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows.
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (Team Suite)
- The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem-solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/ application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (eg Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
People Management and Development:
- The successful will also be required to possess the following:
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV in MS Word format.
- Please, state the position you are applying for in the subject field of the mail.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550467 to apply for this job .