Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a global package delivery service company. Due to internal vacancies, they are looking to hire suitably qualified candidates in the capacities above
- The Automotive Specialist works with the Industrial Engineering Supervisor to provide automotive data and to analyze and implement automotive processes and procedures.
- He / She promotes safety and compliance in automotive facilities. The Automotive Specialist also works on special projects as requested.
Enforces and Maintains Regulatory Agency Compliance:
- Follows guidelines outlined in the automotive procedures manuals and automotive environmental manual to ensure that procedures comply with regulatory agency requirements, company policies, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Maintains time-sensitive list to document and enforce compliance with regulatory agency requirements, company policy, and federal, state, and local laws, and reports data to Human Resources.
- Maintains legal, regulatory, and safety data integrity to ensure compliance.
- Manages Automotive Vendor Relationships.
- Conducts price comparisons between vendors to control supply and repair costs.
- Assists the management team in preparing repair orders and contacts vendors for outside service when necessary to obtain proper approval and service.
- Verifies that outside vendors are in compliance with contract agreements, including maintaining current licensure and insurance.
- Reconciles invoices to ensure funds and payments are allocated appropriately and in a timely fashion.
Audits and Reports Automotive Cost Effectiveness Data:
- Audits fuel and oil system to ensure vehicles receive necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Generates reports to assist the management team in monitoring mechanics’ time cards to ensure appropriate pay, billing, and coverage with minimal overtime.
- Tracks component failures and replacements to identify and respond to equipment failure trends.
- Assists the management team in monitoring key expense indices (fuel, replacement parts, tires, labor hours, etc.) to resolve discrepancies, identify & implement cost-saving strategies, and provide feedback to appropriate levels in the organization.
- Takes corrective action with vendors, Material Distribution Center staff, and equipment manufacturers to resolve warranty concerns.
- Adheres to purchasing limits, expense approval procedures, and equipment disposal guidelines to remain within cost plan.
Conducts Automotive Inventory Controls:
- Performs periodic physical inventory audits to validate inventory status.
- Researchers inventory discrepancies to identify root causes and develop process improvements.
- Prepares inventory-based reports to document status and for use in analyses.
- Manages Automotive Disposal Authorization.
- Processes and inputs non-power (Trailers, dollies, etc.) and power (feeders, package cars, etc.) equipment information into Automotive’s databases to track and manage the equipment.
- Researchers equipment documentation issues to resolve problems (inaccuracies, omitted data, etc.).
- Validates and uploads ADA documents in Automotive’s database to distribute electronically to Region
- Responds to Road Service Calls
- Takes calls and records critical information and time of the call to ensure a timely response.
- Makes arrangements for mechanic assistance or tow truck to prevent service failure.
- Follows up with drivers to ensure that responses occur within time requirements and to verify that assistance has arrived.
- Contacts Feeder or Package Center to provide updates on developments to ensure that service commitments are met.
Uses the research problem to guide relevant data gathering and benchmarking; develops a working knowledge of literature related to the research problem; minimizes personal biases that may impact the research process or outcomes; gathers data that represent all sides of the business case.
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; look for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; create and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiples software programs; writes more complex report queries.
- BSc/HND in Mechanic Engineering or related background and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years’ work experience
- Always operate to the highest productivity and competitive standards.
- Strategic thinker and practical executor.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with tense situations.
- Excellent of knowledge of Excel, Word, Power-point, etc.
- Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV's kindly make the "Job Title" subject of the mail
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550363 to apply for this job .