A firm in the ICT sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Supervisor: Head, Analytics & Cyber Security Business
Our Security Engineers work closely with our customers and cloud-based solutions. You will work within the Cyber Defence Center (CDC) team as an escalation point for complex problem analysis and incident troubleshooting. This will require a fundamental knowledge of specific products and the ability to understand how the products might be utilized in customer environments as well as converged cloud-based services.
The Cyber Security Engineer will be a part of a team that performs security threat/vulnerability assessments of critical environments, applications, and technologies through both Ethical Hacking, Automated Web Scanning, and Source Code analysis. This role may require regular touch points with the customer base. As a 3rd level engineer, you would also be engaged in other activities to support CDC, Sales, Professional Services and other Layer3 teams as needed.
- Providing expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting network monitoring and management tools (eg SNMP, Syslog, etc.).
- Establishing the design, development, testing, and implementation of appropriate Information Security strategies, plans, products, and other access control techniques.
- Monitoring, reporting, investigation and resolution of information security incidents at the Cyber Defence Centre (CDC).
- Providing expertise in securing and hardening control system components and MySQL/Oracle databases.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools and penetration testing techniques. (eg, web application proxies, packet capture analysis software, browser extensions, advanced penetration testing Linux distributions [i.e. BackTrack/Kali], static source code analyzers, SoapUI, etc.).
- Experience working with web application vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. IBM AppScan, HP Webinspect, Accunetix, NTO Spider, Burpsuite Pro, etc.)
- Implementation of cybersecurity engineering requirements within a Systems Engineering Framework, change and configuration management.
- Implementation of risk management strategies; and contribute expertise in formulating a successful software/system assurance program.
- Keeping abreast with current government mandate on cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Assessing Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and projected system modifications for impacts to Cybersecurity and the system’s security posture.
- Working knowledge of network elements such as Routers, Switches and Firewall from vendors such as Juniper, Cisco and Huawei.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Security / Other
- Associates degree or equivalent experience, 2+ year’s experience as a security engineer
- One or more of following certifications: CISSP, CISA, GWAPT, C-EH, OSCP, OSCE.
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Trouble Ticket reporting experience
- Active network monitoring/inventory experience
- Sound knowledge of the industry, and active following on relevant OEMs on social media.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps
- Proactive in engaging with customers, client executives and other Engineering teams
- CyberSec First Responder (CFR),
- Cyber Secure Coder (CSC),
- Internet of Things (IoT) Scholar Certification
Ability to learn and apply critical thinking to a variety of situations.
Platform experience with Splunk and ArcSight also a bonus
Relevant security certifications will also be an advantage.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550359 to apply for this job .