Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other healthcare providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
- Violence in the northeast of the country has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement. It has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities. Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno state.
- As of 3rd August, 1:82 million people are estimated to be displaced within/from of Borno state, from which 1:63 million actually stayed within the state. Most of them (more than 1:2m) are living in Maiduguri with the host community and others in formal and informal camps.
MdM has started since October 2016 an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state. In 2018, MdM strategy in Borno state will focus on improving access to:
- Free comprehensive PHC services;
- Quality nutrition treatment for malnourished children;
- Mental health and psychosocial support;
- Lifesaving medical care, holistic referral services for survivors of gender-based violence.
- MdM is currently implementing an emergency response program in Borno state. The program is implemented around the main components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender-based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support.
- In 2018, MdM runs directly 4 clinics (3 in Maiduguri, 1 in Damboa) and support 3 health facilities (1 in Mainok and 2 in Damboa).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Under the responsibility of the Logistics Coordinator, you are supporting the logistics team for the implementation of the base and you are in charge of the follow-up of the logistics activities.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Ensure the followup of the supply for the base and the project
- Receive and process requests for quotes and internal order forms
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed
- Regularize all purchases files (signature to have, derogation letter…)
- Update price lists and supplier files
- Supervise the team of drivers and guards
- Negotiate vehicle rental contracts
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Ensure the regular order for the guesthouse and the maintenance of the base
- Upgrade and develop facilities for the leaving area of the expatriate
- Support the logistics coordinator in all aspects of security management for the mission
- Collect security reports and follow up
Conditions of Employment
- Status: Employee Contract: Fixedterm contract
- Duration: 6 to 9 months
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
- 2213 gross monthly salary on 13 months
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost (homework), vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22:5 RTT per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation)
- Médecins du Monde promotes training and internal mobility
Skills and Experience Needed
- Diploma / Certificate in Logistic Management (such as Bioforce Institute)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in logistics with an INGO
- Experience dealing with suppliers and following procurement procedures
- Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written)
- Knowledge of the Pack Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and anticipate
- Ability to work under a stressful situation
- Ability to work and live in a specific security context
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organization and motivated by its nonstatutory, NFP model.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550349 to apply for this job .