Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others. Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double-digit growth has us processing, even more, every month.
- As the Sales Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for maintaining a world-class sales organization within Paystack.
- You’ll serve as a project manager and liaison between the Sales team, the Engineering team, and prospects and partners. Day to day, you’ll create an enabling environment within which the sales team can do superlative work, including all aspects of planning, tracking, coordination, and documentation. Finally, you’ll qualify inbound leads, escalate any issues with key merchants’ products, track the sales team’s performance, and generally serve as a resource for insights on how to drive sales growth.
- We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we’re looking to you to help generate a healthy pipeline of some of the best businesses of the continent.
- And you’ll do all this while working extremely closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Head of Merchant Acquiring and Business Expansion.
What You'll Be Doing
As the Sales Operation Manager, you will:
- Qualify inbound leads and assign as appropriate
- Closely track next steps for leads, and ensure timely follow-ups and documentation
- Create and maintain the sales CRM
- Monitor recurring feature suggestions from the field and communicate them to the product team
- Perform validation prior to go-live and manage internal sign offs with product management
- Track sales performance and share reports with the team
- Liaise with responsible parties (internal/external) to ensure downtime incidents are resolved within the agreed time frames
- Provide client support
- Update operational manuals on products as required.
- Process-driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work.
- Experienced with Sales CRM software
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly - verbally as well as in a written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing
- Driven to innovate, rather than being limited by what is there or has already been done before
- You have a professional, helpful, and friendly attitude coupled and are able to listen, teach, and elicit information efficiently
- You enjoy working in a metrics driven organization
- A strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have the appetite to jump headfirst into a fast-moving, fast-growing, mission-driven team that values creativity and output over effort.
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- have previous experience in the banking, payments, or credit card industry
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth.
Application Instructions - Read carefully!
- Please click the "Apply to Position" button (it can be found at the bottom of this page, or at the top right) to submit your application. Do not use the "Apply Using LinkedIn" option.
In your application:
- Please attach your CV / Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter - your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
- Answer the accompanying application questions - there'll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the application page.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550320 to apply for this job .