Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization operating for over 35 years who are committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food, and shelter. SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
- The Activity manager is in charge of carrying out and accomplishing the objectives as defined in the operation proposals.
- He/she is responsible for the supervision of the operational teams assigned the WASH and FSL activities.
- He/she must ensure that the WASH and FSL activities are well executed and deliver quality results, where appropriate, propose adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
List of Main Tasks
Project Relevance, Quality, and Design:
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of operational assessment and evaluation activities
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement
- Prepare the appendixes and technical chapters (of the logical framework) of operation proposals
- Implement the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, SOLIDARITES International’s technical requirements and the donor's criteria
- Participate in the development of the WASH team’s capacity in regard to techniques or new methodologies
- Implementation and operational monitoring
- Plan the WASH and FSL activity(ies) with the support department (Administration, logistics) according to the set objectives
- Support the WASH and FSL Team in planning their operational activities
- Assess the relevance of activities, the effectiveness of interventions, and their appropriateness in light of changing circumstances and the needs of populations
- Propose adjustments to programs if necessary
- Make sure the objectives for the activity(ies) under his/her responsibility are achieved
- Suggest and implement monitoring indicators for the WASH and FSL activity(ies) and context
- Use the SI management and monitoring tools for the activities, results and context
- Plan and supervise the implementation of the WASH and FSL activity(ies) under his/her responsibility
- Anticipate difficulties in the carrying out of the WASH and FSL activity(ies) and facilitate problem-solving
- Suggest new WASH and FSL activity (ies) directions in accordance with context and indicators
- In cooperation with the administrative department, help draw up budgets for his/her activity(ies), budget follow up and proposal budgets for the program parts
- Prepare Internal Order Forms (IOF) and follow orders using the logistics service
- Report the state of decentralized inventory to the logistics department (“field” inventory)
Institutional Knowledge Building - IKB:
Write the IKB documents in accordance with SI tools
- Prepare handover reports before the end of his/her employment contract and forward them to concerned parties in the mission
- Ensure diffusion of SI technical documentation
- Recruit the national technical staff for his/her activity(ies)
- With the administrative department, define the prerequisites for the WASH and FSL vacant positions and, if necessary, adapt the referent job profile.
- Welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his/her responsibility
- Implement training activities in accordance with WASH and FSL operational requirements and the identified training needs.
- Serve as intermediary between team leaders
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Evaluate the performance of the members of his/her team(s)
- Identify team members’ potential for advancement and communicate this information to the program manager/desk HR Referent
- Make sure his/her team(s) follow the safety rules
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Write regular reports concerning the progress of the activity(ies) under his/her responsibility
- Write reports and annexes concerning his/her activity(ies) for donor reports and/or amendment
- Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines
- Communicate with team leaders concerning the progress and results of their activity(ies)
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the program manager and Program Coordinator
- Represent Solidarités International in meetings or forums concerning the WASH activities within his employment location
- Represent SI on request and/or delegation
- Respond to the requirements of Headquarters concerning specific needs
- Write the administrative documents to be signed (MOU, handover…) jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Training: University Degree in Engineering or a similar domain.
- Relevant experience on Food items distribution and monitoring will be highly appreciated.
- Project related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software - Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Personal Abilities:
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) - Humanitarian experience is a plus
- Languages: English (mandatory), Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (internal and external communication), team player, the capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, the capacity of prioritization of tasks
- Salary and Conditions: in accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable, according to SI conditions
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's, Cover Letter and references in one file (in Word or PDF).
- The file must be named with the name and the surname of the candidate and the subject of the mail must be "Activity Manager - Askira/Uba".
- No paper application is accepted
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- As the position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550284 to apply for this job .